Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Reba!

So now that I have people actually following my blog (it's only two at the moment but hey I never even thought that would happen since I never update this thing) I HAVE to post more often!

So my last post was all about my little K-9 furbabies and I feel bad because I have neglected to share anything about my other 4-legged baby, my horse Reba. I've had Reba since I was 10 and I can't imagine life without her! She had quite the rough time her first few years of life and was up for auction when my trainer heard about her and rescued her (most horses that go to auction end up at slaughter houses or are neglected). She was barely trained under saddle but had a heart of gold and over the years she has taught me so much! She is now 17 but still acts (and looks) like she is 5! Since I've owned her we have had so many adventures together...she has had FIVE babies, won a roomfull of ribbons, survived a bout of colic, and even made the trip to Virginia Tech with me!Everyone who meets her ends up telling me that she is the horse version of myself. Thinking about that always makes me smile.



Ya'll might think I'm crazy since I go on and on about my babies but they really are the lights of my life and I'll take any oppuurtunity to brag about them!

3 comments:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I am just as crazy as you .... but the real crazies are cat ladies. I watched a Dateline on ladies that have over 100 CATS!!! sick!

A Wedding Story said...

Your horse is beautiful! I love her coloring! It's such a small world that we are in class together!!! :)

Chuck Dilmore said...

Reba is beautiful!

funny...
i'm writing my 2nd book,
and basing much of it on
the ponies i grew up on (but
transforming them into horses).

peace~
Chuck